Due to the Covid-19 virus Greenwich Township will be conducting some Township meetings virtually utilizing the Zoom application. The Zoom application is free of charge to the public. Below you will find the meetings that have currently been scheduled. The public can join the meetings by utilizing the information below each scheduled meeting. Please check back here for any updates to the scheduled virtual meetings.
Note: If something happens with the connection during a virtual meeting we will try to restart the meeting. If you want to re-join the meeting you can attempt to access the meeting again utilizing the same information under the scheduled meeting.
Greenwich Township Virtual Meeting: Rules and Procedures
- Zoom waiting room will be turned on. Upon entry all participants will be placed into a virtual waiting room. The meeting moderator will then grant each participant entry to the meeting. Anyone using an obscene name will not be granted entry.
Note: If joining the meeting after it starts there may be a delay in gaining access while in the waiting room as the moderator will be participating in the meeting.
- Upon entering the meeting all participants will be muted and prevented from unmuting themselves, renaming themselves and sharing their screens. This is done to prevent obscenities being spoken or visually seen.
- The moderator will determine who the meeting participants are and will unmute. Please note: If you voluntarily mute yourself after unmuted you will need to get the moderator’s attention to unmute again.
- Zoom allows you to participate in the virtual meeting using your device’s camera. The meeting moderator will remove any participant that shows any obscenities using your device camera.
- Chat will be limited to only interactions with the moderator. This is done to avoid the use of chat to write obscenities to all meeting participants.
- Public Comment: To avoid obscenities being spoken or written in chat during public comment participants will be asked to send their comments or questions to the moderator via chat. The moderator will relay the question to the appropriate person. It will be up to the discretion of the meeting Chairperson to grant verbal access to the person asking the question or making a comment.
- Greenwich Township reserves the right to remove any participant that are deemed to be disrupting the meeting
- In the event the meeting has technical difficulties and ends abnormally an attempt to restart the meeting will be done. All required participants should try to reconnect using the original meeting link. All optional participants can also attempt to reconnect. If within 30 minutes of the meeting ending abnormally a restart is not successful the meeting will be ended and rescheduled (if necessary). Notice of the meeting ending and information on a possible follow up will be posted on the Township Website (WWW.GREENWICHTOWNSHIP.ORG).
- Executive/Closed Session: In the event the meeting being held needs to have an executive/closed session, the current meeting will be ended and all approved meeting members will join a private zoom meeting. At the conclusion of the executive/closed meeting the current meeting will be restarted again for all to join.
Note: Before going into executive/closed session, the meeting Chairperson will provide an estimate of how long the executive/closed session will take. This is just an estimate provided to help the public rejoin the original meeting once started again.
Topic: Greenwich Township Committee Meeting
Time: Sep 17, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 819 2668 1793
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,81926681793# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,81926681793# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 819 2668 1793
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k1MOFDxND