This page is a consolidation of all posts related to the Coronavirus outbreak:
Coronavirus(COVID-19) Update 3/17/20
Below you will find some helpful information and resources. Please be aware, all information is relevant to this release and will be subject to change.
Phone: (908) 475-6500
Warren County COVID-19 News Release
The Warren County Health Department (WCHD) and the Warren County Office of Emergency Management (WCOEM) are working together to monitor the evolving situation regarding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). In an effort to provide updated and accurate information to the public, healthcare providers, schools, municipalities, and elected officials, WCHD will continue to distribute guidance from the New Jersey State Health Department (NJDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Greenwich Township Proclaims State Of Emergency
As provided in Executive Order 103, the protection of the health and well-being of New Jersey residents and the State’s public workforce is a primary concern. It is equally important to ensure the continuous delivery of essential public services during the rapidly evolving outbreak of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Therefore, government operations need flexibility to address staffing capabilities to ensure essential operational needs are met. Similarly, employees require greater latitude in applicable working arrangements to prevent further spread of the virus and to prioritize their health and the health of their immediate family members.
Thus, in accordance with Executive Order 103, N.J.S.A. App. A:9-45, and N.J.S.A. App. A:9-40.5, which authorize and empower local Offices of Emergency Management to promulgate rules and to waive, suspend, or modify any existing rules where its enforcement would be detrimental to the public welfare, and specifically authorizes the local OEM to take appropriate steps to address the public health hazard of COVID-19, the Township of Greenwich Office of Emergency Management, has issued the following guidelines for day-to-day governmental operations of Greenwich Township for the next thirty (30) days, which point the protocol will be reevaluated and extended if necessary.
3/17/2020 General Operation – Amendments and Additions to 3/14/2020
- The Township of Greenwich has made the following changes in order to conduct meetings to handle emergent issues, pay bills and other business. Until this State of Emergency is rescinded Greenwich Township Meeting will be conducted virtually via (ZOOM) information on this service to view & join in this meeting is available on our website greenwichtownship.org
- The Township of Greenwich has made the following changes Land Use Board Meeting for April will be conducted as scheduled by use of virtual meeting. Until this State of Emergency is rescinded Greenwich Township Land Use Board Meeting will be conducted virtually via (ZOOM) information on this service to view & join in this meeting is available on our website greenwichtownship.org
- All playground areas and apparatus at the Thomas Stewart & Municipal Parks have been closed and post no use until deemed safe to utilize these areas of the parks. (Only areas marked are closed to public access)
- The pavilion at the Municipal Park has been closed to the public and posted no use until deemed safe to utilize this area.
(General Operations issued on 3/14/20 are in full effect for listed amendments to Township Committee and Land Use Board meeting. Additions of Playground & Pavilion closures)
General Operations – 3/14/2020
- Mandate that the public to utilize online payment options, U.S. Mail, or drop box service at Municipal Building for taxes, utility payments, licenses, permits and other local government business.
- Mandate that the public utilize phone, email and necessary, social media to make routine inquiries and/or report information to the municipality.
- Otherwise close Township offices to the public and only allow Township employees, employees of other local, county, state and federal offices and representatives of private entities having direct business with the Township (ie: vendors or contractors).
- Cancel land use board meetings in April.
- Committee meetings to be determined by the Township Committee.
- Enhanced disinfecting of Township office, Police office and DPW office space.
- Enable work from home capability for key employees.
- Prohibit official out of state travel and in-state conferences through end of April.
- Cancel senior events through end of April.
- Cancel Township sponsored recreational events through end of April.
These General Operations will take effect immediately.