GREENWICH TOWNSHIP LAND USE BOARD
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
September 14, 2017 – Municipal Building – 7:30 PM
Call to Order and Public Notice
This is the regular meeting of the Land Use Board of the Township of Greenwich. Adequate notice of this meeting has been given in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act in that a notice was published in the “Star Ledger” and “Express Times” newspapers. Notice was posted on the municipal bulletin board in the Township Administration Building in Greenwich Township, New Jersey and notice was filed with the Township Clerk.
Robert Basony, Barry Glassman, Frank Marchetta, Dawn Marie Kondas, Bruce Williams, Ray Buckwalter, Cathie Cullen, Joe Fiamma, Jeremy Blunt, Gary Hill, Mark Scuderi, Tim Gale, Tom Bolger
Approval of Minutes
June 8, 2017
- Letter dated 6/27/17 from Cty. Planning Dept., re: Thomas Stewart Park Conditional Approval
- NJ Planner Newsletter – May/June 2017 edition
- Approval of Resolution to go into Closed Session to discuss: (1) pending litigation, specifically, pending litigation tilted Janry Kennels, LLC v. Greenwich Township Land Use Board, Docket No. WRN-L-225-17 (the “Janry litigation”); and (2) a matter falling within the attorney-client privilege where confidentiality is required for the attorney to exercise his ethical duties as a lawyer, namely, legal advice regarding the Janry litigation. Formal action may take place upon the return to open session.
- Approval of Resolution #2017-03C: Corrected Janry Kennels, LLC a/k/a or d/b/a Janry Pet Resorts – Block 42 Lot 14: 470 State Route 173 – Denial of “D(2)” Variance, “C” Impervious Coverage Variance and Preliminary and Final Site Plan Approval, Denying the Proposed Expansion of the Lawfully Created Pre-existing Nonconforming Dog Kennel, and Dismissal of Remaining “C” Variance as Moot.
- Approval of Resolution authorizing the Board attorney to file an Answer on behalf of the Board in the Janry litigation and to defend the Board in the Janry litigation, which authorization shall be retroactive to August 1, 2017.
- Approval of Resolution to go into Closed Session to discuss: (1) pending litigation, specifically, pending Declaratory Judgment action titled In Re: Greenwich Township Compliance with Third Round Mount Laurel Affordable Housing Obligations, Docket No. WRN- L-228-15 (the “Mount Laurel litigation”); and (2) a matter falling within the attorney-client privilege where confidentiality is required for the attorney to exercise his ethical duties as a lawyer, namely, legal advice regarding the Mount Laurel litigation and preparation and adoption of an amended Housing Plan Element and Fair Share Plan (“HPE&FSP”) in order to comply with Mount Laurel