GTRC is a member of the Stateliners Youth Baseball Association, which is a Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth League.
The Baseball season typically runs from Practices starting Mid March to games starting beginning of April and the regular season completing play by Memorial Day Weekend. The Minor, Major and Junior level teams have playoffs that start after the Memorial Day Weekend and are typically completed prior to school letting out. All teams make the playoffs. The Minor, Major and Junior level teams also have an All Star game typically within two weeks after the completion of the Playoff Championships in which all teams have representation.
- Rookies (T-Ball) is local instructional play against other Greenwich T-Ball teams and surrounding towns. Coaches may pitch the ball if a child is capable of hitting pitched balls; though the number of pitches should be consistent with each child and tee’s should be used to keep games and practices moving along.
- Advanced Rookies (Coach Pitch) is league play with surrounding towns – instructional play. Rules designed for Coach Pitched Hardball. Rosters are created by a draft process.
- Minors (Kid Pitch) is league play with surrounding towns – competitive play. Player pitched hardball on 46/60 field. Rosters are created by an evaluation and draft process.
- Majors is league play with surrounding towns – competitive play. Player pitched hardball on 50/70 field. Rosters are created by an evaluation and draft process.
- Juniors is league play with surrounding towns – competitive play. Player pitched hardball on 60/90 field. Rosters are created by an evaluation and draft process.
SYBA Sponsored Travel/Tournament Teams
- Players must live in a member town of the SYBA to be eligible. Players participating in travel baseball are required to also play for their respective recreation baseball teams. Refer to the Stateliness Youth Baseball Association website for more information.
- Rosters determined by evaluation, cuts will be made, typically the teams are comprised of 12 players.
- There is an additional fee for those who make the team, which includes a “Liners” jersey with your name on the back, hat, belt and socks.
- Play teams from towns around 1 hour of travel time – Highly competitive.
- This team may play games during the week and on weekends, including Sunday.
- Playoff and champion format, regular season play determines who makes playoffs and seeding.
- This team will also usually play 3 – 4 Tournaments, Memorial Weekend Tournament, 4th of July Tournament and possibly one other depending on the coaches and team participants.
Season Dates: Mid-March to Memorial Day, plus playoffs and All Star Game where applicable
- Rookies – Boys and Girls ages 5 and 6 by April 30th
- Advanced Rookies – Players aged 7 and 8 by April 30th
- Minors – Players aged 9 and 10 by April 30th
- Majors – Players aged 11 and 12 by April 30th
- Juniors – Players aged 13 to 15 by April 30th
- SYBA Travel/Tournaments Teams, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U, 14U by evaluation
Location: Stewartsville and surrounding areas
Contact Person: T. Flynn
- Rookies: $65
- Advanced Rookies: $85.00
- Minors: $90
- Majors: $100
- Juniors: $100
Advanced Rookies, Minors, Majors and Juniors: January 1 to February 24th
Rookies: January 1 to April 1
Volunteer Form: Click Here
GTRC Policy: Click Here