Community Comes First
Stewartsville is a small town of approximately 5,229 residents. Greenwich was incorporated in 1738 and is one of Warren County’s oldest townships. The area was first settled in the late 17th century by pioneers who began farming along Pohatcong Creek.
Our town was named after Thomas Stewart, a secretary to George Washington. Thomas Stewart purchased 360 acres and began to reside in Greenwich in 1793. The original Stewart home still stands along with many other farm houses and mills.
Our township has an area of 11.15 square miles.